Ultimate Triple Onion Tart Original Chef:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- ¼ cups butter
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 shallots
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cups Swiss cheese
- ¾ cups Monterey Jack w/ jalapeno
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let piecrust stand according to package directions.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat butter over medium heat; add onion, leek, shallots, sugar, nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
- Cook about 8 minutes or until tender but not browned, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses until combined.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and cream.
- Gradually stir in onion mixture until combined.
- Ease piecrust into 9-inch pie plate
- Pour onion mixture into piecrust. Fold edge of crust over filling, pleating as necessary.
- Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until crust and top are golden brown and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Cut in 16 wedges.
- Serve warm.